Wednesday, November 24, 2010

An Alternative to Slitting Your Wrist

I recently watched (part of) the documentary for which this post is named and decided to give myself an assignment: instead of letting depression and anxiety get to me, I'm going to create a "bucket list" of sorts and document some sort of positive thought every day, to the best of my abilities. I bought a fancy new journal just so I'll feel motivated to actually do it, since, as we all know, spiral-bound notebooks aren't exactly the first things you want to reach for when you're trying to think about something other than school. So far, I have a list of twenty-some things I'd like to accomplish, and I wrote down some imagery that stuck with me and made me feel better last night, which is a start.

Today was very up-and-down, but I suppose that overall, it's been fun. I had some good times with Corina, KC, Nick, Tone, Matt, Lolita, and Andrew, so it's all good. I also received my JTB hoodie in the mail, just as I'd hoped I would, so it was nice to come home to that. I swear there's nothing better on a cold day than a brand new hoodie.

And now, a list of some of my favorite songs at the moment, just for fun:
  • "Cat Heaven" -Jets to Brazil
  • "Wish List" -Jets to Brazil
  • "Chinatown" -Jets to Brazil
  • "Sea Anemone" -Jets to Brazil
  • "Bivouac" -Jawbreaker
  • "Chesterfield King"- Jawbreaker
  • "Want" -Jawbreaker
  • "Accident Prone" -Jawbreaker
  • "You've Got Everything Now" -The Smiths
  • "This Charming Man" -The Smiths
  • "A Guided Tour of Chicago" -The Lawrence Arms
  • "Detention" -The Lawrence Arms
  • "100 Resolutions" -The Lawrence Arms
  • "Too Small to Fail" -forgetters

That's enough for now, I suppose, and I'm sure none of these are the least bit surprising. I've probably posted half of them on Facebook at some point, too. I do still listen to other things, of course. I'm listening to Good Riddance at the moment, another band that I love to death.

Until next time,

SXR

No comments:

Post a Comment