You know what's funny? I spend all this time defending people and giving them the benefit of the doubt even when I know for a fact they're lying to me, and what do they do? They continue to walk all over me. It's fantastic.
I've determined that the people I know through music and shows are the only people I can rely on. It's weird, really, but no matter what, I know that we have something in common, which isn't always something I can say for other people. Morals, lifestyles, favorite bands, aspirations... Certain people get those, others can't relate. By no means am I saying that everyone I associate with should have the same beliefs, eating habits, and favorite music, but it helps to at least have some common ground, or an understanding, at the very least. Here at home, that's hard to find, and it brings me down. A friend of mine hit the nail on the head with that one. Madera just isn't home to me in that I don't feel like I belong. Fresno feels more like home in that sense, and CYC has truly become a home away from home for me. I'm too awkward to just go up to everyone and introduce myself, but I know several people now, and I'm sure I'll finally get to know more of them eventually. The people I don't know, I recognize, and that's nice. I feel comfortable there, and as I get older, comfort is hard for me to find in public places.
I'm finding more and more motivation to finally get my license, despite my fear of being killed on the road heh. The sooner I have a license, the sooner I can spend all of my time in Fresno and just leave this unfortunate city behind.
SXR
No comments:
Post a Comment