Monday, January 4, 2010

So, it's 2010.

Happy New Year to anyone who might be reading this. I hope your New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were enjoyable, because mine were anything but.

More college application deadlines are approaching and today, I made the decision not to apply to Pratt or SFAI. The reality is that my family can't afford the $34,000tuition, let alone the other fees and living expenses, so now, Pratt is on the backburner until a better time comes along. As for AI, it was going to be my last resort school anyway, so I might as well save the application fee.

It's funny how life works; for the past several years, I've dreamed of going to Berkeley, studying psycology, et cetera, and now, I'm totally unsure about UC Berkeley and I've decided I have more of a future in creative writing. It sucks being wrong about your own wants and needs, but I suppose it's part of growing up. (Since I just saw "SLC Punk" for the first time last night, I can relate it to that, and it's funny that I should watch that when I'm encountering a sort of similar situation.)

In other news, I also watched "What We Do is Secret," and I quite enjoyed it. I know some people hate just about everything about it, but I thought that overall, and especially for an independent biopic, it was really good. Good casting, good cinematography, good writing... I really didn't have a problem with it heh. True, Darby came off as a bit of a douchebag for at least half the movie, but hey, it's a movie. I think Shane West did a fantastic job as Darby Crash; not only does he resemble him, I think he captured the personality pretty well. Had I been in charge, the one thing I would really have done differently would have been to spend more time on Darby's emotional decline. It was there, but I don't think it went quite deep enough. It's worth a watch, no matter what, though.

SXR

No comments:

Post a Comment