Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Eh.

Today was okay. I got out of the house late, so I missed yoga, unfortunately, but I suppose I can just do my bed-yoga, as usual. It's better than nothing, but it's not as good as yoga done on a flat, hard surface under the direction of someone who knows what they're doing. DIY, I guess.

Today, I've eaten nothing but a sourdough English muffin with a little honey and butter, a cup of strawberry yogurt, a few bites of salad, and a few handfuls of trail mix. I don't know whether to be proud of myself or concerned about my daily nutrients. I sometimes wonder if the reason I tend to be so worn out is because I don't get enough calories, protein, or vitamins and minerals on a daily basis. I'm sure most people would insist I get plenty of calories (because, you know, fat people always eat junk food and lots of it), but I average somewhere between 600 and 1200 calories a day unless I've eaten fast food. It's not exactly a healthy number, but society has trained me to be low-calorie heh. I know calories aren't the only factor in weight gain, but it's hard to remember that sometimes. I'm not all about losing weight, but I wouldn't mind dropping a couple dozen pounds.

I think I'm done with a few people. Of course, I'll continue to be civil because that's what I do, and I'll hang out if I'm invited, but I'm done making the effort to contact them. If other things are so important that our friendship comes last, that's fine. I think I've finally learned to let go. It feels nice after probably over a decade of just holding on to shitty friends who wear me out and bring me down. I'd rather be alone, even though it gets old. I'm tired of people changing to the point that I feel like I hardly even know them anymore. I know people change and I understand that, but I shouldn't feel obligated to stick around for those changes if they make me uncomfortable or upset. I stick with people who stick with me, not people who only want me around when it's convenient. Fuck that. I'm tired of being used like that and I'm not going to do it any more. I doubt any of the people I'm referring to have ever read my blog, and I kind of doubt they ever will (and I don't blame them), but I hope they'll get the hint. I doubt they'll even notice, but that kind of only proves my point. Whatever. Long story short, I'm good at picking shitty friends.

Good night.

SXR

No comments:

Post a Comment