I felt so much better today than I have in days. I kind of feel like shit now that I've had a Moon Pie even though I was trying to limit my sugar as much as possible today, but I still feel a bit better than I have in a while. It probably helped that we had lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, which I love to fucking death. It's hard to beat soup, salad, bread, and muffins. I really have become a salad person in the last few years. I won't eat iceberg lettuce unless I have to, but give me some red leaf lettuce, some spinach, some field greens, and a ton of delicious vegetables and I'm totally set. As a matter of fact, I could go for another salad now. Fuck my doctor's suggestion to lay off of vegetables; I'm a vegetarian and a salad-fiend, so I'll eat all the raw vegetables I want.
Sitting at home is really getting old. If the weather stays decent, I'll spend much more time walking, but it is July, so that can only last for so long. I need to either get really crafty, somehow land a job, or find a friend who will come to me or meet me halfway or something. Maybe I can start a new story that I'll never finish, or maybe even something that I might be able to finish and submit for publication. For someone who wants to make a career of writing, I'm not doing much with it. It doesn't help that it's extremely hard to get started, but I feel like I'm not even trying. I've submitted one short story to two publications; not very impressive. Maybe that can be my summer goal: finish a short story, edit the shit out of it until it's semi-good, and submit it to a few publications.
I'm still dying for a trip to somewhere cooler and more scenic. I'd love to go spend some time alone in the mountains, but I'd also be totally content with a few days in the East Bay, especially because I never get the chance to really explore when I'm there. There are so many places I've been meaning to check out, but I always run out of time. Next time I have the money, I'm going. Fuck responsibility heh; I need to have some fun.
I think I'm actually really looking forward to school. I'm sick of sitting around and feeling like I have no purpose or reason to wake up. Plus, my schedule's really not bad. I've got classes Monday, Wednesday, and a short day on Friday, which should be kind of nice.

That's all for now, I suppose. I may be back.
SXR
No comments:
Post a Comment