I missed my alarm this morning because my phone decided to shut itself off last night, so I woke up sometime between 2:15 and 2:30 (I can't remember) to terrible cramps. These continued literally all day and just subsided probably an hour or two ago and it's after 4 AM. Naproxen didn't seem to work for once and neither did whichever "menstrual relief" pill I'm taking the generic version of. Water didn't help, green tea with mint didn't do shit... I felt helpless all day heh. The cramps were the kind that literally made me tense up until they passed, too. Those are the worst. Sometime around 2 AM, I also started getting nauseous and bloated, and I'm still trying to get over that. I know for a fact that there are an intense amount of prostaglandins fucking with my insides right now, hence the nausea and everything else, and I'm pretty sure naproxin or something would help, but I don't feel like taking it on an empty stomach and I definitely don't feel like eating. I just can't win. I feel like my period gets worse every month, so it's only a matter of time before I give up and do something drastic like render myself infertile heh. I think I'd be pretty okay with that, really, but what do I know?
It amuses me how freaked out people (both men and women) get when women openly discuss their periods and all the shitty symptoms. Come on, we all know what goes on, and most of us women have to deal with the same shit every month; why can't we talk about it? I'm getting to the point where I don't give a shit. I'll talk about almost anything at this point because I've embraced the fact that almost everyone has dealt with it or will deal with it at some point in time, no matter what it is. The world is kind of nice that way; it's like an instant support group, or it would be if we weren't all taught to keep so many things quiet, as if there's something wrong with having a period, questioning sexuality, and a whole slough of other things. It's nice to be an open book in that it gives me a lot in common with a lot of people. People approach me for all kinds of different things because they know I'll understand; I'm pretty up-front about a lot of the things I experience so they don't feel weird asking most of the time. I think it's something that also scares a lot of people off, sadly, but I understand how uncomfortable it can be to face something that's out of your comfort zone, especially if it's something taboo; trust me, I had to cross that bridge, too. I haven't always been comfortable with discussing bodily functions or anything like that; it's something I still have to work on, really.
I hope, though, that if people hear me and others talk about our own taboo problems enough (digestive disorders, periods, body hair, sexuality, et cetera), they'll eventually feel like they can do the same. I'm not saying it needs to be shoved in peoples' faces, but maybe in a way, it does, at least until we don't have to feel ashamed for wanting to have sex with the same gender, not wanting to have sex at all, having gas, having "too much" body hair. It's all normal and we all know it; we just can't all openly discuss it.
I really wish everyone would wake up and get out of the house so I could have it to myself and continue to attempt to herbally self-medicate until I felt better.
SXR
No comments:
Post a Comment