I attempted to write a blog yesterday (or was it the day before?) about a number of things, but Blogger was down. Go figure; when I have nothing to say, it works like a charm, but when I actually have things to discuss, it's nowhere to be found. Oh, well. C'est la vie.
Tuesday was great. The turnout was small, but the bands were great, as were the people who stuck around. Now that we "suddenly don't allow alcohol" (we never did, people), it's easy to see who comes around for the shows and who only shows up to drink. It's a bit depressing, really, but again, that's life; a lot of people are into all the right things for all the wrong reasons. The scene goes through cycles and this is just one of those purging periods. The binge, which was fantastic, is over now.
The idiots in my neighborhood just busted out the illegal fireworks. Guess that means it's party time.
One of these days, I really am going to do a cleanse, and I really am going to eat better, exercise, yadda yadda. I'm tired of feeling like shit for one reason or another. I have been a little more creatively-inclined again lately, which is fantastic. I want to write, draw, paint, and take pictures all the time lately. Pretty soon, I'm going to go buy the cheapest disposable cameras I can find and start snapping pictures everywhere. Most of them won't come out, but that's half the fun of film; you never know what you'll end up with.
I was going to share a couple pictures I took on my phone when I went on a two-hour walk the other night, but I'm too lazy to transfer them to my laptop. In any case, it was a beautiful day and that was one of the best walks of my life. I hope the opportunity for another arises very soon.
SXR
No comments:
Post a Comment